- I played Warhammer Fantasy (WHFB) 8th.
- I road the “poo poo” train to Games Workshop (GW), stopping at Age of Sigmar (AOS) station to work at the shit cannery.
- I am now, full swing into AOS.
I bought a second hand Skaven army with the intent on making a Frostgrave warband and Kings of War(KoW) army. I played one game of Frostgrave and no more. I bought the rulle book and appropriate bases for KoW, I didn’thave a game.
After meeting a new person and talking about GW, AOS and poo pooing I was shocked and impressed to hear such vehement hatred towards KoW and such positivity toward AoS. It helped the person was so hilarious in his objections.
So, I put together a force and whacked some minis on a table to have a crack at this AOS.
It was sooo much fun!
I really enjoyed actually playing what my models were. None of this “counts as” crap. It was wierd having no points, but with a good opponent its a great mechanic. I really like the skirmish unit formations, it makes moving in and about terrain soo much easier; allowing for much more varied tables and thematic boards.
We played at a local games store during the ‘Season of War’ global event GW were running. Essentially it was about 2 heroes duking it out 1V1 in the center of the board whilst the armies battles around them.
However our heroes were the B-team… flailing at each other with pool noodles.
It took a 5 turns and still noether of them died…. we ran out of time at the store and partners were asking about our whereabouts. So we rolled 2D6 to determine the winner.
- I love how monstors work now
- I really like the skirmish unit formations
- Big fan of the focus on fast, fun play over rules lawyering
- Not overly keen on some of the ambiguous language used in the rules
- Would really like to have had base sizes matter and linked to so.ethi g brief on Line of Sight.